Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Puppy Love

Happy Valentines Day!  In the spirit of love, I want to share my feelings on a special someone in my life - my dog, Peyton.  I adopted this beautiful girl last May and rescuing her has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

While I love Peyton to death, there are definitely some implications to not only my life, but my home.  Based on my experience I have made a list of 5 things I have learned over the last 9 months.
  1.  Carry multiple lint rollers
  2. Invest in couches, rugs & bedding colors that are similar to your dog's coat in order to hide the hair
  3. Never leave food on a low surface unattended
  4. Set your alarm 10 minutes earlier to allow for extra snooze time with your pup in the morning
  5. Exercise, exercise exercise! A tired dog = a happy owner
 

 I have always been a dog lover, but Peyton has shown me the special bond you can have when a dog is entirely your own.  Knowing that she was abandoned, I have taken extra time to ensure she is comfortable with me and trusts me.  All of the dog hair, shredded toy parts and wet paw prints are worth it when I get to come to home to this face each and every day.






 


"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, big or small, young or old. He doesn't care if you're not smart, not popular, not a good joke-teller, not the best athlete, nor the best-looking person. To your dog, you are the greatest, the smartest, the nicest human being who was ever born. You are his friend and protector."




No comments:

Post a Comment